Open Reading Period
September 1, 2014 - December 31, 2014
We are looking for our next round of books and are dedicated to publishing the best writing we can find with an emphasis on work that shakes us up and challenges our understanding of the world.
- Please send unpublished manuscripts of poetry, fiction, or cross-genre work.
- It is free to submit your manuscript. However, if you are interested, Shape&Nature Press is also providing the opportunity for personal feedback on your manuscript for a fee of $25, which you pay upon submission either by check or online through our Paypal Button below.
- Feedback will be supplied in the form of a letter from a Shape&Nature editor who has closely reviewed your work and whose interest is in giving candid and useful feedback to authors. Please indicate on your manuscript whether you are requesting feedback.
- Submissions may be sent either by email or by regular mail ( email is much preferred):
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
By mail: Shape&Nature Press, 2014 Open Reading Period, 76 Hastings Street, Greenfield, MA 01301.
- Please include a cover sheet with contact information including name, phone number, address, and email. Manuscripts must be either in a Word document (.doc) or a PDF.
- Manuscripts should be paginated with a Table of Contents. You may include an acknowledgments page listing previously published work.
- Simultaneous submissions of the same manuscript to other publishers or contests are acceptable but please notify us with an email to email@example.com if your manuscript has been accepted elsewhere.
For authors requesting feedback, click the Buy Now button to pay fee
Creative Project Submissions
We are currently
accepting unsolicited creative project
A creative project, in our minds,is a literary art project that by its nature seeks to question, illuminate, experiment, play
or say, and which ultimately makes the reader see literature in a new way. Projects can be written by one or many authors, be conceptual,
include poetry, fiction, non-fiction, art, road trips or technology.
They may act as installations, be moveable and work on many levels.
However the project is created, it must be able to culminate in
published form. See some of our current projects.
A completed manuscript submission will include the full manuscript plus a brief description of the project and contact information.
We are also open to creaitve project proposal submissions.
A proposal will consist of 1) A project description and goals. 2) An explanation of how Shape&Nature can help -- either by publishing a final book, or using our publishing arm as an extension of the project.
We will do our
best to respond in several weeks.
Poetry and Fiction Submissions
At this time we are only accepting poetry manuscript submissions through our contest. We are not yet accepting fiction manuscripts, but plan to do so soon. However, both fiction and poetry can be submitted, if applicable, as a creative project.